Search This Blog

Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Arnold Schwarzenegger has not ruled himself out of another Terminator film

Arnold Schwarzenegger has denied reports of an end to the Terminator franchise, promising fans a reunion with James Cameron.

Late last month, Paramount bosses announced they had pulled the plug on the next instalment, despite the latest movie scoring $409m worldwide. In an interview with fan website Fandango on Monday, Schwarzenegger confirmed that Paramount will no longer be involved in the series, but that "you have 15 other studios willing to do it".
I'm looking forward to doing another Terminator movie, yes," Schwarzenegger said.
"I don't want to call it fake news, like the president calls it, but I think people just write things. I have no idea why," he said.

"Just because Paramount doesn't want to pick up the franchise, you have 15 other studios willing to do it - that doesn't mean the Terminator franchise is finished, right?"
The veteran actor said he could not "give details" on negotiations with other studios, but did present fans with some much-awaited news.

"The Terminator franchise is never finished. And remember that after 2018, James Cameron is getting it back, and then it will continue on," he said.

James Cameron, the visionary director behind The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day, will own the rights to the franchise starting in 2019. At that point, Schwarzenegger promised a reunion is certain.
"Cameron will be producing it, and there will be another director on it. I'm always looking forward to doing another Terminator," he said.

"Especially if the story is written well and it really entertains the whole world."

No comments:

Post a Comment